Friday, June 02, 2006

First post from Tokyo

According to the clock on the laptop, it's 1:54 a.m. Saturday morning.
According to the clock near the moving walkway, it's 15:55 Saturday afternoon.
According to my body, it's 1:54 yesterday. Or something.

We've been up since 4:08 Friday morning. I was able to doze some on the first flight, from Austin to San Fran and then even less on the long stretch from San Fran to Tokyo. My body is out of sorts. I feel "just okay," but my head feels a little like it's swimming.

I tried to sleep, but they kept bringing food and snacks and stuff. And then I thought we were close to landing or close to another snack, so sleep was far off....

When we did get to our gate, I did not hesitate to take up as many chairs as I could:


I can't wait for the next leg of the flight. I'll be taking my Tylenol PM, putting on my eye mask and sticking in my ear plugs. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm in dreamland. We start boarding in a little less than an hour. The next leg is 7 hours. That'll be a piece of cake considering the 10 or so we just had.

Tired, restless and hungry (for "real" food), Ryan and I walked around, taking in some of the local culture. Well, as much of the culture you can pick up from the international terminal of the airport. We found a small bar to go into. All we heard was English, but they were able to fulfill our needs. I got some edamame and a small Sapporo. Imagine that--it was a speical on the menu. Perfect. It was exactly what I needed.

Anyway, as most of you are asleep, I wish I were, too. But soon enough, my friends, I too will be sleeping sitting up, leaning against Ryan, trying not to disturb the person on the other side of me.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Steege!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home