Friday, June 09, 2006

It's 22:31 here....

And we're in Chaing Mai. It's great here. Neither of the men brought his laptop (I'm okay with that), so Ryan and I are at an Internet cafe down the alley from our hotel. The folks went to bed, we came out to play. I was thinking it, but Ryan asked, "do you want to go in there?" motioning the internet place.

Mainly I wanted to let all my loyal readers know that I am in fact still alive--and loving Thailand.

We got here yesterday and made our way to our hotel. Yours truly had a few problems with the ATM, but thanks to mom's cell phone and probably a hefty call charge, hopefully I'll be able to get some baht out of the machine tonight. Guess my card was flagged because I withdrew some money in Singapore. I'm okay with them noting odd behvior, though.

Last night we had food. I'm sure it's just "food" here, since we're already in Thailand. They wouldn't go out and have "Thai food." It was good stuff, of course. Did you know they don't use chopsticks in Thailand? That surprised me to hear it and kinda makes me laugh now....you know we go to those Thai places and think we're cool cuz we're using chopsticks. Really we're just crazy Americans....

We did some shopping at the Night Bazaar last night. Talk about cheap stuff. And good stuff. And neat stuff. People all over the place.

As the pattern has been going, I woke up early this morning--close to 7:00 and didn't sleep much between then and 8-something or other when I got up.

Mom and Greg took us to a travel agent type of place--the same place they went to when they were here in November and our guides Durian and Nyun were very wonderful. A cute husband and wife team. Durian started us out and took us to a beautiful silk-making place. Next to it was a jade place.

The people here are so nice. So friendly.

After a few more shops and driving around, we went back for naps. It's suggested to take breaks during the day because of the heat. I'm okay with naps.

Dinner was quite an experience. Maybe a whole other blog in and of itself. I'll just say I danced on stage. Unfortunately, there were camera problems and it wasn't photographed, but it did happen.

Anyway....mainly a random, blathering blog to say hi and let you know I still love it over here. Thailand is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home